Choosing a Nursing Home (or a Care Home with nursing care) for a loved one is an important choice. Lakeside House in Cardiff offers care with dignity
We appreciate that choosing the right nursing home can be very difficult, but one visit to Lakeside will put your mind at rest.
It's the quality of care that really counts. It‚Äôs our Matron, our nurses and our caring staff - their attitude, caring nature, patience, skill and experience - that gives substance to our claim of giving our residents 'Care with Dignity'.
Features of Lakeside
- 2 spacious lounges and dining rooms overlooking our courtyard garden
- Wheelchair access to all areas
- Lift to all floors
- Close contact with local GP surgeries
- Visiting Dentist, Optician, Physiotherapist and Chiropodist
- In-house Hairdresser
- Newspapers delivered daily
- Minibus for escorted excursions and day-trips
- Programme of interesting & stimulating activities
- Varied menu of nutritous meals.
Care tailored to individuals
We are committed to providing the best possible care we can 24 hours a day.
We value each resident as an individual, with unique likes and dislikes, and the right to make choices over their lifestyle, where their condition allows. The right to be treated with dignity and respect. The right to privacy and independence.
Our Activities Team organise a programme of activities and events to stimulate residents mentally and physically - all optional and designed with different abilities in mind. Included are trips to the shops, the seaside, restaurants and pantos, as well as gardening, cooking and in-house entertainment from visiting performers.
We have developed a programme of ‚ÄėMusic for Memory‚Äô to stimulate residents with their favourite songs and music, building personal playlists to bring back treasured memories truly their own.
Featured activities at Lakeside
- Local park and seaside visits
- Pantomime and theatre trips
- Music and singing
- Painting, drawing and crafts
- Dining out at local caf√©s
- Armchair exercises
- Nails, hands and hair
- Reminiscence therapy.